Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mojave Desert Cross Memorial Defended in Supreme Court

Hi, welcome to the edge. The edge of what? I don't know yet. But its starting to feel like the edge you feel when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed. The edge you feel of a knife when you accidentally cut the tip of your finger and it bleeds all over just before you are done making dinner. Its starting to be the edge of when a relatively normal guy is pissed off enough to start writing blogs. Too damn many opinions of people are being heard by everyone with little or no balance. I'm getting e-mails from ultra conservative Republicans which are pissing me off, and I'm reading articles on attempts to take down memorials because they contain a cross... and that pisses me off. Ok...so I'm pissed off, and this is beyond the edge.

So, here is the first one. An article was published today about the Supreme Court reviewing a lower court's finding that a WWI memorial in the Mojave Dessert had to be removed because it contained a cross. That cross offended the plaintiff. As such, a lower court ruled that it needed to be removed, and it has been covered by a plywood box.

You know what, I'm offended that the plaintiff was offended! Should I ask that HE be removed? Maybe I should. One thing I'm certain of, is that the people that are being memorialized, and their families, weren't and aren't offended.

Realize that taking the public land issue to its ultimate conclusion, Arlington National Cemetary is covered in grave stones that mark with a cross, a star of David, etc. Should all of these be removed? If so, than aren't the markers effectively athestic? I am offended by the athest's lack of religion, so I think their lack of marking needs to be removed. So, how about NO grave markers. Lets just use mounds like the Native Americans did. Who knows, maybe they had the same idiotic arguments that we have and were offended all over the place. The Hopi didn't like what the Lakota had, the Cherokee didn't like what the Iroqois had, etc. They were all offended and ended up with mounds also.

People... We the People... Some of us are Christian, some of us are Jewish, some of us are Muslim, and some of us are something else. Public land is ALL of our land... and we ALL have a right to use it. There is lots of it. If you don't like how I'm using it, YOU have rights. You have a right to be offended. And guess what, you have a right to offend me. And the best part of it is... I have a right to IGNORE YOU!

Get over it... and leave my cross alone!

http://www.ewtn.com/vnews/getstory.asp?number=95838

I wonder if this is how the pilgrims were starting to feel when they left England in the first place...

No comments:

Post a Comment