Thursday, June 25, 2009

South Carolina's Sanford faces uncertain future

Does this story strike anyone else as funny?

Maybe ironic is a better word.

A husband is unfaithful, so hang him up to dry. Push him to leave his job because he cannot be trusted anymore. He, heaven forbid, made a mistake. Unforgivable!

I mean, after all, one of the *gasp* 10 commandments says, "Thou shalt not commit adultery"!

Hmmm... but wait! What about the other 9 commandments? In particular, thou shalt not KILL. We have a president who has personnally ensured late term abortions of viable children were able to be carried out. Yet he is a hero in most people's eyes.

So let me get this straight, cheat on my wife, and I'm a dog. Kill my child before its born, and I'm a hero.

Something is wrong here.

And per ginsu... of course, there is MORE!

What about "Remember, keep holy the sabbath"? Oh, I'm sure all those people pulling for the Governor's resignation go to church every Sunday. Yeah, right.

Don't forget, "I am the Lord, your God, Thou shalt have no other God's before me." Power, sex, money, greed. These are today's golden calves. But I'm sure these aren't on anyone's mind. In particular the political machine running to get the Governor out of office. No chance is missed when power is at stake. Who cares about the man, his family, the people of the state? He didn't right? So lets all go in and analyze this to death and make sure his family has to relive this 10,000 times before its over. Just in time for one of them to get so depressed that they take their own life. Then... the world will be happy, and Hell will have one more resident. But it won't be him. He'll have asked for forgiveness, and it will be granted him. It will be one of his children, or his wife. One of the innocent ones.

And you know what? It will be our fault.

For all those "holier than thou" types out there, remember two things, Mt 7:21-29 and Jn 8:2-11.

No comments:

Post a Comment